Pain & inflammation are too prevalent in society and there are some simple steps our naturopathic doctor, Dr. Morgan Winton, recommends that can assist with healing.
1. Maintain a healthy weight. Any extra weight that you carry is extra stress on your muscles and joints.
2. Incorporate anti-inflammatory herbs into your cooking. Turmeric (the yellow spice in curry) and ginger have amazing anti-inflammatory properties so throw them into your cooking as much as possible!
3. Continue moving. Gentle exercise is important even for arthritic joints. Swimming, walking, and stationary bike riding may all be gentle ways to keep your body moving.
4. Eat more anti-inflammatory foods. Fish & nuts contain great omega 3 fatty acids that can help combat inflammation.
5. Try to limit your intake of saturated fat. We say that saturated fats (i.e. animal fat) are pro-inflammatory, meaning that they can increase levels of inflammation in the body.
Please contact us if you are suffering from pain and inflammation or to learn more