- Medical Doctors are highly skilled and very knowledgeable but they are not the experts when dealing with low back pain. Typically, medical management of low back pain will involve activity modification, pain medications and rest. If you are lucky, your doctor will refer you to a chiropractor or physiotherapist-both specialists have a more thorough understanding about back pain and will be able to offer alternative treatment strategies so that you can take an active approach to recovery.
- Back pain often occurs from an injury or a build up of muscle imbalance around the spine. This can lead to the joints of the spine being subluxed or shifted from their ideal positioning. Adjusting the affected joints in combination with soft tissue release techniques such as ART (active release technique ®) can be quite successful. These treatment strategies are what chiropractors excel in.
- There is a lot of scientific evidence to support the use of chiropractic care for acute low back pain.
- Chiropractors understand the complexities of the anatomy and physiology of the human body. They spend 4 years studying the nervous system, the musculoskeletal system and the interactions between them both. They will understand why your symptoms are the same and/or different than others who suffer from back pain and will be able to determine the specific root cause of your back pain.
- Good chiropractors conduct a through initial assessment and than many re-assessments after your treatments to ensure that you are making observable gains after each session.
Contact us for more information or to book an appointment with one of our chiropractors.