- Doctor of Chiropractic
- Medical Acupuncture & Functional Dry Needling
- Active Release Techniques (ART®) Provider
- Custom Orthotics
- Rehab Consultant for Triathletes, Trail Runners, Mountaineers, Nordic & Alpine skiing
- NCCP Triathlon Coach and Personal Trainer
Dr. Lise Rok is a Doctor of Chiropractic and Medical Acupuncture Provider. That means, she can diagnose and treat joint, muscle and nerve injuries in the whole body. Yes, that also includes the spine. Smile. In fact, she’s even helped bioengineer an intervertebral disc implant as a cutting-edge treatment for low back pain. It was part of her Master’s research at the University of Toronto in the Institute of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering. Cool, right?
Whether Lise is in the clinic or at a race, she’s working hard to create a significant change at each session. Here’s what you can expect when you see Lise:
- Someone who listens.
- An orthopedic exam followed by a movement assessment. Let’s identify the root cause of your injury and prevent recurrence.
- A diagnosis. Understanding your injury helps you identify and limit aggravating activities.
- A variety of manual therapy techniques. Don’t like adjustments? Acupuncture? No problem. Choose from the many post-graduate courses she’s taken (see below).
- Learn how to treat yourself at home and train around your injuries at the gym. It’s a partnership.
Why does Lise want you to stay active? Exercise is powerful medicine. A recent meta-analysis found that jogging just 6.5 hours/week decreases your risk of some cancers and metabolic diseases by 19% 1. For Lise, sports have also sparked a lot of fun adventures and forged priceless friendships.
So, if you see a tall girl with a camera on her back, paddling in Muskoka X, at Utah IronMan or Paddling in around Labrador or skiing the Montreal Ski Marathon… let’s chat about getting you active! Or, just swing by the clinic. She’ll help you develop a treatment plan that’s in line with your goals and lifestyle.
Post Graduate Courses
Active Release Therapy (ART)
Functional Dry Needling
3D Orthotic Casting
Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA)
Diane Lee Integrated Model Systems (IMS)
Fascial Distortion Model (FDM)
Wilderness First Responder Certification
CANFIT- Pro Personal Training Specialist
- Physical activity and risk of breast cancer, colon cancer, diabetes, ischemic heart disease, and ischemic stroke events: systematic review and dose-response meta-analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013: PMC4979358
INJURIES & CONDITIONS TREATED:
- Neck Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Elbow Pain
- Back Pain
- Nerve Pain
- SIJ Dysfunction
- Ankle and Foot Pain
- Muscle Strain
- Muscle Imbalances
- Pre and Post Surgical
- Stress Fractures
- Joint Dislocations
- Repetitive Strain Injuries
- Calcific Tendonitis
- Running Injuries
- AND MANY MORE…