Dr. Lise Rok is a Doctor of Chiropractic and Medical Acupuncture Provider. That means, she can diagnose and treat joint, muscle and nerve injuries in the whole body. Yes, that also includes the spine. Smile. In fact, she’s even helped bioengineer an intervertebral disc implant as a cutting-edge treatment for low back pain. It was part of her Master’s research at the University of Toronto in the Institute of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering. Cool, right?
Whether Lise is in the clinic or at a race, she’s working hard to create a significant change at each session. Here’s what you can expect when you see Lise:
- Someone who listens.
- An orthopedic exam followed by a movement assessment. Let’s identify the root cause of your injury and prevent recurrence.
- A diagnosis. Understanding your injury helps you identify and limit aggravating activities.
- A variety of manual therapy techniques. Don’t like adjustments? Acupuncture? No problem. Choose from the many post-graduate courses she’s taken (see below).
- Learn how to treat yourself at home and train around your injuries at the gym. It’s a partnership.
Why does Lise want you to stay active? Exercise is a powerful medicine. A recent meta-analysis found that jogging just 6.5 hours/week decreases your risk of some cancers and metabolic diseases by 19% 1. For Lise, sports have also sparked a lot of fun adventures and forged priceless friendships. It’s also enticed her to learn how to use her camera. There are a lot of buttons. So, if you see a tall girl with a camera on her back, paddling lake Ontario, racing an IronMan or skiing the Iceland Loppett–wave! Or if it’s easier, you can just swing by the clinic. She’ll help you develop a treatment plan that’s in line with your goals and lifestyle.
Post Graduate Courses
Active Release Therapy (ART): Upper Extremity and Lower Extremity
Functional Dry Needling Level 1
Visceral Manipulation Level 1
Graston Level 1
Fascial Distortion Model Level 1& 2
First Responder Certification
Function Movement Systems Level 1 & 2
Selective Functional Movement Assessment Level 1
Diane Lee Integrated Model Systems Level 1 2 3
CANFIT- Pro Personal Training Specialist
- Physical activity and risk of breast cancer, colon cancer, diabetes, ischemic heart disease, and ischemic stroke events: systematic review and dose-response meta-analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013: PMC4979358
INJURIES & CONDITIONS TREATED:
- Neck Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Elbow Pain
- Hand & Wrist Pain
- Back Pain
- SIJ Dysfunction
- Ankle and Foot Pain
- Nerve Pain
- Muscle Strains
- Muscle Imbalances
- Pre and Post Surgical
- Stress Fractures
- Joint Dislocations
- Repetitive Strain Injuries
- Calcific Tendonitis
- Running Injuries
- AND MANY MORE…